Friday, February 26, 2010

Disney College Program

Okay so I set this blog up to have an outlet for my Disney-obsessed brain. I had originally decided to give myself a two-week vacation to Disney World after I graduate for my community college. However, I have decided that, instead, I will be applying for Disney's College Program.
My one aunt went to CP for a year and loved it, which is what first got me interested in the program. Since then, about 2+ years ago, I have looked into it off and on. I had decided that I wanted to enter the program for this current SPring's semester but after meeting with my college advisor, decided that I should finish school first.
Now, however, I decided that I can't possibly wait any longer than I have to. The only problem is that I will have to wait and apply for next spring's program because I don't have the money to go down to Florida right now. If I was really bad, I could put it on my credit cards, but my mom made me see reason. I've read some comments recently about how little money people have while doing the program which I could avoid if I have a lot saved up before I go.
Besides, I still have to pay for car insurance and possibly health insurance while I'm down there. So from now until I apply and, fingers-crossed, I get in, I will need to save every penny I can. I've already been saving up any cash I can. I bought a little lock-box to organize all of the cash and coins I save.

So my plans are this:
  • Save, Save, Save
  • Apply to DCP
  • Get in to DCP
  • Pack up my stuff into my car ( a tiny little Kia)
  • Drive to Disney (probably with my mom)
  • Work crazy hours and get little sleep
  • Be extremely happy about working for Disney World
Oh yeah, and lose weight cause I don't want to be the "fat girl" in CP. All-in-all I think I've got my work cut out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment