Friday, September 17, 2010

I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my purple folder today in the mail!!!

I have been accepted as a Spring Advantage 2011 Merchandise Castmember for the Disney College Program!

I have been avoiding posting anything for awhile because I had started to become a little bitter.  You see about a week or so ago, I read on Facebook that the first batch of acceptance e-mails had been sent out.  Then 2 days later another batch went out, then the day after, then last Monday and Wednesday, I think.  Needless to say I was not happy that I hadn't heard anything from Disney.  I was uber happy for all my Facebook friends that they were getting in, but I had interviewed before most of them and they were all getting accepted.

So here's how I found out:
I had to work the morning shift at the theatre today so I was going to rely on my Mom to let me know anything.  I texted her about 1:30pm to see if the mail had come yet and if I had gotten anything in it.  A few hours later, I was walking to a projector when I could hear music.  I couldn't figure out where it was coming from; I thought maybe I had left the booth music on for a projector.  Then I felt my pocket vibrating.  I pulled out my cell phone (strictly against the rules ;D) and saw my mom was calling.  By the time I opened my phone, the call had ended, so I called her back.

After I said hello, she proceded to inform me that there was a large, white, thick envelope with Disney and my name on it was in her hands.  So I quickly told her to open it and read what the letter said.  I was so happy and relieved when it said Congratulations.

After I hung up the phone, I walked over to a projector to start a movie and as I waited for the start time, the realization that I was actually IN hit my body.  I got a huge whoosh of adrenaline all through my body.  After I started the movie, I practically ran down the booth stairs to my manager, James.  I had told James about the DCP and that I had applied.  Applications actually came out on the first day of his Disney Vacation.  Anyways, I got downstairs and found James. By this point I could barely contain myself.  I was like "Guess What?!"  "I got in!"  He is very happy for me; all my managers/supervisors seem to be.

When I got home I got to read the letter for myself and accept the invitation online.

So officially, I check-in to the Disney College Program on Wednesday January 19, 2010.

Wow, this is such a relieft.  Now I can relax and plan, fully, for the program.  I can't believe that in less than 4 months, I will be in Florida, working for the mouse.  That's one step closer to my dream job of working on the Disney Cruise Line.

Alright folks, I think that's all for today, I'll probably write more soon.

Magical wishes and pixie dust for everyone!

1 comment:

  1. If you used your gmail account on your application, check your spam folder and then set up a rule of permissions to make sure disney.com mail stays where it should. If nothing, opt in to their newsletter with your address and then you'll be sure you are in their emailing system (in case you previously opted out or something). If all else fails, write to wdw.college.techsupport@disney.com and they can help.
    Regardless, you found out within the timeframe of when disney said you would and that is all that matters. They don't make decisions based on other applicants and really don't care to hear the "well everyone else..." when they are doing exactly what they said they would when they said they would.

    ReplyDelete