Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Life Is Complicated

My life here at Disney has been sooo busy.  Work is going great and I got my first Great Service Fanatic card the other day.  I was a super greeter over at Hundred Acre goods; basically, you just greet guests, chat with them, see how they're enjoying their day.  So instead of just standing around I picked up the biggest Winnie the pooh nwe had and had him waving at the guests.  The store is right next to the ride for Pooh so I was also chatting with the guests in line; especially the kids.  Kids got a kick out of waving back to Pooh or giving him a hug.  Anyways, a manager from another area walked by, saw me with the guests and said I was doing a great job and gave me a GSF card.

I've been spending a lot of time thinking about the future lately.  All my plans I made about gradsuating from Tunxis and getting a job with the Disney Cruise Line have gone out the window.  I just don't think that I could handle being that far away from everyone, with only one roommate, for that long.  Anyways, after talking to my sister, I decided to look into getting a bachelor's degree in Secondary Education with an emphasis on English at WestConn.  I've always liked teaching and helping others and I think I could be great at this.

The problem I'm now facing is funding.  I have to apply for FAFSA and possible loans.  I've also got to deal with my parents who don't like to being so in debt.  I've had issues with over-drawing on my bank accounts before and raising debt on my credit cards, but I think education loans are different.

In other news, or not-so-news, I spent the afternoon at Hollywood Studios yesterday and had a blast.  I made myself go on the Tower of Terror and it was interesting.  I also saw the Indiana Stunt Show Spectacular and that was awesome.  Then I went on Rockin' Roller Coaster.  OMM!!!!!  I finally found a roller coaster that lived up to my expectations.  It's extremely fast, and does loops where it takes you upside-down.  It was amazing.  And the details were really cool too.  The coaster is a stretch limo and the signs and decor are all painted to glow under black lights.  The only downside was that I had had a small headache before I went on the ride, but by the time I had finished the ride, my head was pounding.  But oh, was it it worth it.

In Disney news, Toontown has now officailly closed and the characters have moved out temporarily.  Mickey and Minnie can be found over in Tomorrowland greeting guests near Space Mountain, the Princesses are over in Adventureland, and Tinker Bell and her friends have gone to flitter amungst the flowers at Epcot.  Toontown will re-open with the rest of Fantasyland after the reconstruction finishes.  Toontown will be become a Storybook Circus theme.  As a result of Toontown closing, Fantasyland has gained a few new Cast Members.  Our family has certainly grown, though we are losing a couple of CPs who leave this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment