Monday, February 7, 2011

Long Day

Today was one loooong day.

I woke up later than I had hoped this morning.  I wasn't late for work or anything but I didn't have time to do everything that I needed to get done.

After I got to work, I realized that I had forgotten to bring shorts to wear under my costume skirt.  And I had forgotten nylons (I hate nylons).  The nylons weren't so much a problem because I found out yesterday that I don't have to wear them. 

But missing my shorts; not a good thing.  Anyways, I ended up cutting up my jeans that I had worn to work into shorts.  And let me just say, those were my favourite jeans.  Now they kind of look like capris.  I might turn them into a skirt or something later on.

I spent the last of my cash on trying to buy nylons from the vending machines so I didn't have any money left to eat lunch or dinner while on my breaks.  So when I got home I ordered Dominos (I love their Buffalo Chicken sandwiches; yum!).

The rest of my day wasn't too bad but it felt long.  I gave a couple of magical moments to a brother and sister who looked like they were bored while their parents shopped.  And I helped some parents out by distracting their kids who kept saying that they wanted this or that in the store.

By the way, I was stocking at Hundred Acre Goods (The Winnie the Pooh store) and that store is very simple to take care of.  Though the Tigger pillow pets were flying off the shelves.  I had a hard time keeping up witht the sales.  Everytime I went to the stock room to get more, I'd have to turn right back around and get even more out.

Though the day started out not so good, I had a good time with the kids.  And as I was trained  "I am kind and courteous to everyone, including children."  Gotta love the 4 Basics.  Most children are pretty well-behaved in the stores at Disney.  I mean you get a few who "want" everything they see, but for the most part they are polite.  I like to reward the ones that ask Mommy nicely if theyn can get something and say Thank You with Mickey Mouse stickers.

On another note, I am extremely happy for the next 2 days off.  I have some running around to do tomorrow like going to the post office, and laundry.  But then on Tuesday, I think that I'll go to Hollywood Studios.  I haven't been there so far in my program.

Good Night Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment