Thursday, August 19, 2010

Phone Interview

Phew!  My phone interview is over.  Now I can breathe and let my body return to it's normal relaxed state.  What a rush though.  I was up super late last night cause I was too excited to sleep.  I was kinda like that commercial of the 2 kids on the night before they go to Disney.  It was like 1:30 in the morning before I felt tired enough to sleep and even then I had to force myself not to think about it.  My mind was going 10 miles a minute thinking of Disney. 

My interviewers name was Lindsay and she was really nice and sweet.  she sounded very bubbly and we laughed a lot throughout the interview.

So I know a lot of people like to know what questions they ask during the interview so I'm going to list a few of them here.  I won't list all of them cause 1) it can be different for eveybody and 2) I don't even remember all of them =D
1. Why do want to do the Disney College Program?
2. What roles are you particularly excited about?
3. Is there a specific park or part of a park that is really special or important to you?
4. Have I ever handled cash and money before?  When? (Merchandise specific)
5. Do I have any aversions to chemicals or latex? (Housekeeping specific)
6. What kind of experience do I have with photography?  Even if I think it's amateur they might not, so list anything. (PhotoPass Photography specific)
7. Have I worked in a team before?  Do I think I work better in a team or alone? *Be honest*

As for tips I would give: 
- Be honest with the interviewer; they're not looking for canned responses. 
- Make sure to smile, they can hear it in your voice.
- Think before you speak; it's okay to take a moment to think about the question before answering.
- If you find yourself short of breath or speaking rapidly, pause for a moment, collect yourself and move on.
- Just believe that you'll do great and be excited; they expect you to be happy.

So now, we wait.  Lindsay said that normally, she would tell me that the responses come out 3-4 weeks after the interview but because I had my interview on the first possible day (and one of the very first interviews overall) that it could take up to 6 weeks before I hear anything.  I hope that's not the case but you never know.  I think that because there are so many of us on the Facebook page that are applying early, that we'll maybe hear back sooner than that.

So Good Luck to anyone who still has to do their interview and good luck to those of you who are just applying.

Have a spectacularly magical day!

Me waiting for my interview in my Tink shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment